By Lacy Ford
- An authoritative quantity that surveys the background and historiography of the U.S. Civil struggle and Reconstruction
- Analyzes the most important resources and the main influential books and articles within the field
- Includes discussions on scholarly advances in U.S. Civil warfare history.
Read or Download A Companion to the Civil War and Reconstruction (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar world history books
A Cultural heritage of the Atlantic global, 1250-1820 explores the concept powerful hyperlinks exist within the histories of Africa, Europe and North and South the United States. John ok. Thornton offers a accomplished evaluation of the background of the Atlantic Basin prior to 1830 by way of describing political, social and cultural interactions among the continents' population.
King Henry III of France has no longer suffered good by the hands of posterity. often depicted as at most sensible a self-indulgent, ineffectual ruler, and at worst a debauched tyrant chargeable for a sequence of catastrophic political errors, his popularity has lengthy been a bad one. but fresh scholarship has began to query the validity of this judgment and search for a extra rounded review of the guy and his reign.
The Nineteen Sixties represented a progressive second worldwide. In rural Mexico, numerous guerrilla teams prepared to struggle opposed to the ruling Institutional progressive celebration (PRI). Specters of Revolution chronicles peasant guerrilla companies led through schoolteachers, the nationwide progressive Civil organization (ACNR) and the occasion of the bad (PDLP), which waged progressive armed struggles to overthrow the PRI.
Heritage has tended to degree war's winners and losers by way of its significant engagements, battles within which the end result was once so uncomplicated that they can be thought of "decisive. " Cannae, Konigsberg, Austerlitz, halfway, Agincourt-all resonate within the literature of battle and in our imaginations as tide-turning.
- The Cosmographia of Sebastian Münster: Describing the World in the Reformation (St Andrews Studies in Reformation History)
- Revolution and Rebellion in the Early Modern World
- Calabashes and Kings: An Introduction to Hawaii
- Italian Fascism and the Female Body: Sport, Submissive Women and Strong Mothers (Sport in the Global Society)
- East Africa: Tribal and Imperial Armies in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania and Zanzibar, 1800 to 1900: East Africa - Tribal and Imperial Armies in Uganda, Kenya, ... to 1900 (Armies of the Nineteenth Century)
- The Idea of the Sciences in the French Enlightenment: A Reinterpretation
Additional info for A Companion to the Civil War and Reconstruction (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to the Civil War and Reconstruction (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Lacy Ford
Categories: World History